UNEP's Green Economy Advisory Services provides technical assistance and capacity building services to partner countries in planning and implementing their transition to a greener and more inclusive economic model.
The Advisory Services include:
- Fostering multi-stakeholder dialogue and consultation on green economy;
- Delivering comprehensive Green Economy Assessments that identify key opportunities and options for a green economy transition at country level;
- Assisting countries in creating Indicators and Measurement Frameworks;
- Identifying and facilitating Enabling Policy and Fiscal Instruments that can encourage investments in high potential green sectors, while assisting the “greening” of other sectors;
- Supporting Centres of Excellence;
- Enhancing local knowledge and building capacity;
- Mainstreaming green economy into national development strategies and UN Development Assistance Framework;
- Forging partnerships and alliances with national, regional and global institutions.