United Nations Environment Programme
OzoNews provides links to current online news stories relating to ozone depletion and the implementation of the Montreal Protocol, to stimulate discussion and promote cooperation in support of compliance with the Montreal Protocol (disclaimer). OzoNews is a free service provided by OzonAction.
The OzoNews 15 January 2018 issue marks 18 years of continued service of providing a regular and concise news update directly to your screen, to keep our readers abreast of the latest news regarding the implementation of the Montreal Protocol and ozone and climate protection.
At this occasion we are delighted to launch the brand new OzoNews design!
Your invaluable support and feedback throughout the years has helped us to serve you better.
Current OzoNews, Vol XVIII, 30 November 2018 Issue
In This Issue:
1. Emergence of ozone recovery evidenced by reduction in the occurrence of Antarctic ozone loss saturation
2. Advancing nationally determined contributions (NDCs) through climate-friendly refrigeration and air conditioning: Guidance for policymakers
3. Conclusions of the "Technical report on energy efficiency in HFC-free supermarket refrigeration"
4. NEW OzonAction smartphone application: Good Servicing: Flammable Refrigerants Quick Guide
5. NEW OzonAction smartphone application: Refrigerant Identifier Video Series
6. Refrigeration and food security
7. OzonAction Partners with ISHRAE at India’s First Refrigeration-Focused Expo
8. European Union to join hands with India for the growth of sustainable technologies
9. EU countries urged to tackle illegal HFC trade
10. Q&A on HFOs and HCFOs
11. Excerpt from Michael Gove speech on" UK Climate Change Projections"
12. Les députés adoptent une taxe sur les gaz réfrigérants HFC (France)
13. European Commission opened public consultations on energy labelling for refrigerating appliances with a direct sales function
14. EPA Settlements with Companies Across New England Improve Compliance to Help Prevent Chemical Accidents
15. Get your free EPA 608: 2019 Refrigerant Compliance checklist & guidelines
16. Regional district to accept fridges and freezers for free