United Nations Environment Programme
OzoNews provides links to current online news stories relating to ozone depletion and the implementation of the Montreal Protocol, to stimulate discussion and promote cooperation in support of compliance with the Montreal Protocol (disclaimer). OzoNews is a free service provided by OzonAction.
The OzoNews 15 January 2018 issue marks 18 years of continued service of providing a regular and concise news update directly to your screen, to keep our readers abreast of the latest news regarding the implementation of the Montreal Protocol and ozone and climate protection.
At this occasion we are delighted to launch the brand new OzoNews design!
Your invaluable support and feedback throughout the years has helped us to serve you better.
Current Issue: OzoNews, Vol XVIII, 15 August 2018 Issue
In This Issue:
1. Women in the Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Sector - Call for stories - Deadline extension to 6 September 2018
2. Post meeting summary of the 81st meeting of the Executive Committee of the Multilateral Fund for the Implementation of the Montreal Protocol
3. Even a small country can bring a big change in the world (Eswatini)
4. China: Crackdown launched on ODS
5. India: Environment & skill development ministries sign MoU to train 1,00,000 RAC service technicians
6. Ozone layer protection and climate change mitigation activities (Armenia)
7. East European and Central Asian countries on the road to climate- and ozone-friendly RAC and foam sectors
8. Ship recycling, liability for scrapping and European flagged vessels
9. Use of R-290 (propane) as an alternative refrigerant in the commercial air conditioning manufacturing
10. Air conditioning refrigerant phase out: What business owners need to know
11. EPA raises HC charge limit for home fridges
12. UN Environment and UNIDO help countries with high ambient temperatures assess risk of flammable refrigerants