Science Policy Forum Brochure | Agenda
The purpose of the Science-Policy Forum is to engage a wide audience of policy-makers, scientists, researchers, and civil society stakeholders in an active discourse on the science and knowledge required to deliver on the environmental dimension of sustainable development. The dialogue will also address the challenges and new opportunities emerging at the science-policy interface with the aim of enhancing a collective understanding across both sides of the interface; strengthening the science-policy dialogue and recommending concrete measures for collective action in the context of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The Forum provides an innovative setting in which policy-makers, the research community and knowledge users can hear about the latest findings from UNEP’s GEO 6 Regional Assessments and many other new global and thematic assessments and reports and examine how science-policy processes can support future decision-making within the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- Better understanding of the Science-Policy Interface
- Proposed actions for strengthening the Science-Policy Interface
- Strengthened partnerships betloween the science community and UNEP
- Policy-relevant assessment findings provided by the science community to policymakers
- Increased focus on the importance of data for reporting against the SDGs
- Increased networking among scientific organisations
- Awareness raising of the science behind emerging environmental issues
- Identification of frontier issues for UNEP 2017 Frontiers Report
Thursday, 19 May 2016
Friday, 20 May 2016