The Global Mercury Partnership participated in the webinar on Mercury material flow – waste, organized on 15 October 2020 as part of the Minamata online initiative from the Secretariat of the Minamata Convention.
Second event under the “mercury science” stream, this webinar shared available resources on mercury material flow with a focus on waste stream. Presentations were followed by a panel discussion on how to improve the knowledge on mercury material flow in waste stream.
The event featured presentations by the following speakers:
- Misuzu Asari, Associate Professor, Kyoto University, co-lead of the Mercury Waste Management Partnership Area
- Qingru Wu, Professor, Tsinghua University
- Gabriela Medina, Director, Basel Convention Coordinating Centre, Stockholm Convention Regional Centre, for Latin America and the Caribbean, Uruguay
- Alexander Romanov, Deputy Director, Scientific Research Institute for atmospheric air protection (SRI Atmosphere JSC)
- Eisaku Toda, Senior Programme Officer, Secretariat of the Minamata Convention on Mercury
- Sandra Averous-Monnery Programme Management Officer, Secretariat of the Global Mercury Partnership, UN Environment Programme